PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket  photo privacypolicy_1a_zps3faf1863.png

Monday, January 20, 2014

TSS Co Founder's Interview: Karen



1. Where do you currently reside and what do you love most about it? "I live in sunny (just joking) Seattle and I love EVERYTHING about it. Seattle offers you everything from Starbucks to hipsters, to the mountains, water, city-life, and so much more. P.S. It doesn't rain as much as people claim…it honestly just sprinkles. No one uses their umbrella! Did I mention we have an amazing football team too? GO SEAHAWKS!"

2. Describe your closet. "Well, I have two closets because I am a shoe and clothes fanatic. My walk-in closets are filled with clothes that are all color coordinated and shoes for days. My style is so eclectic that you see everything from a leopard Forever 21 jumpsuit to sparkly Louboutin heels!"

3. What was your favorite part about being in a sorority? " I absolutely loved choreographing and performing dances for philanthropies. Our dance group (which included Co Founder, Sakura!) called ourselves The Thetawockeez--it was great!"

4. What did sorority life teach you that you applied in the real world? "Sorority life taught me to show people the greatest version of you. You want everyone, whether they are compatible with you or not, to fall in love with who you are. This is one of the biggest lessons that my sorority taught me that I have applied in every aspect of the real world".

5. What are 5 beauty products you can't live without? "Lipgloss (Victoria's Secret lipgloss will always be my fave but I have recently started using Smashbox Lipgloss and it is equally amazing), Bare Minerals Foundation powder, Lilly Lashes, MAC Comfort Creme, and my favorite sets of perfumes that I rotate (Angel by Thierry Muglier, Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel, Bright by Versace and La Vie Est Belle by Lancome)".

6. What do you love most about working on TSS? "I love seeing the reaction our readers have to our content. It is so inspiring to watch and hear how much our content improves lives!" 

7. What is the best advice you were ever given? "Be careful how you treat people on your way up because you might meet them on your way down". Those are famous words from my mother and they couldn't be more true. Often times in life, people gain a level of success where they forget where they came from or how they got there and choose to mistreat those who were on their journey. Lack of humility and self-entittlement can really hinder your reputation with people who have known you so it's so important to remain humble and avoid burning bridges. After all, you never know, you might see these same people again and the tables could turn where you will need their help".

8. Who's your celebrity style crush? "My STYLIST crush ( I say Stylist crush because we all know celebrities do NOT dress themselves) is Monica Rose. She styles women like the Kardashians and Guiliana Rancic to name a few and I absolutely love every look she puts together. I would love to raid her closet!"

9. What are your top 3 stores you like to shop at? "This is a toughy but I would have to go with TOPSHOP, ZARA, and FOREVER 21. If I can sneak one more in I would say my favorite online store is ASOS".

10. What do you like to do on your day off? No days off here folks! Haha, just joking…sort of. On my day off I like to have friends over where we enjoy a glass of champagne and catch up on reality TV!

11. What else do you do for work? When I am not blogging, I am working full time in medical sales. I love working for a company that is essentially saving and improving lives!

12. What are your interests/passions? I absolutely LOVE party planning. It is my true passion and I really look up to party planners like Colin Cowie and Mindy Weiss. My specialty is candy buffets which I do here and there for my friends and people who reach out to me. I started documenting my parties and party advice here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...