PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket  photo privacypolicy_1a_zps3faf1863.png

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Staying Fit with the Fit Bit



Catchy name, right? After we did the update on our phones a while back and noticed that our phone was tracking our footsteps, we've been paying better attention to how active we keep ourselves throughout the day. Apparently, you're supposed to get in 10,000 steps a day believe it or not. Well, unless your phone is with you, your footsteps can't be tracked, so we got wind of an even better tracking device: the Fit Bit! The Fit Bit is an awesome device that looks like a wristband. As you keep it on your wrist it tracks your total steps, showing you your average amount of steps and comparing it to other days that you've walked. The Fit Bit also keeps track of how many miles you have walked and how many calories you have lost. But, that's not even the heart of it all! It can also track your weight change and your sleep patterns! We are even thinking of taking advantage of the competitive feature where you can compete with your friends and family. It has a leaderboard to reflect who is taking the most and least steps.

Talk about motivation! We can't wait to see how much more in shape and healthy we can get! If you're currently using the FitBit, share with us your experience in the comment below!

3 comments :

  1. This is why I need a fit bit! I currently track how many miles I run by myself, but I'd love to know how many miles I walk even during a regular day.

    Running Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a Fitbit earlier this year. My family all got one before I did {hello college student} and they always were so excited when they got 10k steps, etc. Well, I got mine and immediately saw how HARD it makes you work to get to 10k! I even lowered my 'goal' to 7500 steps just so I am not discouraged. However, I also started logging my food with My Fitness Pal {the two are very compatible} & set hourly goals for myself - every hour I will walk up the stairs & make two laps around my bedroom for a total of 400 steps, etc. It's a great tool, but is only good for walking or running. When I ride my bike, I have to manually enter that into MFP to get my calories burned because the Fitbit won't track exercise other than steps. Honestly, it encourages you to get more active, but there are probably a few other trackers out there that could beat the Fitbit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...